NO LONGER AVAILABLE
AbioCard model A and B are versatile I/O cards for use with AxiCat and Raspberry Pi model A, B, A+, B+, Raspberry Pi 2 model B and Raspberry Pi 3 model B. The AbioCard features eight digital I/O pins, eight ADC inputs, sixteen PWM channels and a battery backed-up real-time clock.
Please read the documentation before you begin using your AbioCard. The user manual contains important information about setting up the AbioCard.
The AbioCard software run on Linux and Windows. When the Linux software runs on Raspberry Pi, it's capable of detecting the correct interface (i2c-dev or direct I/O) for the gpio connector. Program abiocardgui provides a graphical interface for working with the AbioCard. Program abiocardserver is a server process that enables I/O with the AbioCard using network socket and standard input and output. Program abiocardtime allows the user to set the system time from the real-time clock chip.
With the help of the AxiCat, you can connect an AbioCard model A or B to a wide variety of single board computers running Linux, as well as a PC running Windows. The AbioCard software supports the AxiCat.
A dedicated acrylic case for Raspberry Pi with AbioCard is available. Holes for connecting jumper wires or ribbon cable connectors are provided.
- Very high accuracy real-time clock based on the PCF2129A with CR2032 backup battery.
- 8 quasi bidirectional I/O lines (PCF8574), 5V levels.
- 8 12-bit ADC inputs (MAX11614EEE+), 0 - 4.096V range.
- Model A only - 16 output channels providing 8-bit pulse-width modulation (PWM) at 97 kHz with LED drive capability, 10 mA source, 25 mA sink, 5 V levels.
- Model B only - 16 output channels providing 12-bit pulse-width modulation (PWM) output channels at about 40 to 1000 Hz with LED drive capability, 10 mA source, 25 mA sink, 5 V levels.
- Polyfuse on the 5V line prevents excess current that could damage the Raspberry Pi computer.
- Compact footprint thanks to the use of SMD components.
Graphical program connected to AbioCard model A over the network:
Graphical program connected to AxiCat with AbioCard model B plugged into Linux system:
Acrylic case for Raspberry Pi & AbioCard:
Prototyping fun with AbioCard model A, AxiCat and Prototyping Board II:
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation